Sunday, February 25, 2018

This is me and you at about a week old


This is you at about a week old.

When you were first born, your mom was exhausted all of the time, between feedings and diaper changes every two hours, but would manage to keep it together during the days while I was at work. The first 3 months of a baby are hard on a mother. At night, however, mom would need to sleep. We lived in a very small house at the time, and I remember many nights picking you up and holding you close and carrying you around in the dark, roaming the buildings and parking lots on the campus across the street, talking to you in a low voice about anything. The rhythm of those dark walks under street lights always seemed to calm you.

Those were my first private moments with you. You won't ever remember them, but I always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment